The first weekend of the 2021 Emirates LitFest closes with a stunning evening of poetry against the beautiful backdrop of the Dubai Creek at Jameel Arts Centre.
The second day of the Festival has welcomed fiction and non-fiction authors, children’s books creators, and poets, as part of an engaging programme of sessions and workshops at the intersection of art and literature.
- Annabel Kantaria’s sold out Novel Writing Trouble-shooting workshop
- Maitha Al Khayat’s Naqshun drawing workshop
- Hafsa Lodi’s masterclass on how to give new life to your book online
- Simar Halwany’s silent book workshop
- An evening of poetry starting with Dannabelle Gutierez, who offered her take on Poetry in a Constantly Changing Landscape in a free session in the amphitheatre, followed by the JARA Collective’s interactive Beyond Poetry session, featuring poets and artists Shamma Al Bastaki and Sarah Almehairi, and their very first chapbook author, Arthur de Oliveira.
The Festival will now move on to its original home at the InterContinental Dubai Festival City for the big weekend 4-6 February, where sessions will include virtual and physical appearances including Amin Maalouf, Malala, Oyinkan Braithwaite, Bolu Babalola, Afra Atiq, and many more.