Collection: Sculptural Confort
The 50 pieces abaya NFT collection represents a landmark moment in digital-only couture. The unique abaya NFT is traceable, tradeable, wearable, and a collectible piece of modest digital Arab fashion. World-renowned haute couture designer Ilja Visser and full service NFT company SkyneNFT will launch the world’s first abaya NFT in the UAE.
Ilja Visser have designed this one-of-a-kind abaya NFT collection that seeks to empower women worldwide by featuring entirely unique runway items dedicated to Arabic fashion. Fostering women to be unapologetic, acting on their strength, and comfortable with their own beauty, the abaya NFTs embody the pinnacle of women’s high-end fashion.
About Ilja Visser
Dutch born designer Ilja Visser first launched her namesake couture collection in 2005. International recognition came after Ilja Visser showed her collection at Amsterdam Fashion week; this marked the official stepping-stone in her career.
In 2011 Ilja Visser (Dutch) is the first designer to receive the prestigious Dutch annual fashion stipendium from the Prince Bernhard Cultural Foundation. Ilja Visser makes her official debut in the highest fashion league when she got invited by the Fédération Française de la Couture in Paris to present her FW 15/16 couture collection INGENIUM EXISTERE on their official haute couture calendar.
After the show in Paris world-famous people bought her couture: Lady Gaga, Kourtney Kardashian, Avril Lavigne, Alicia Keys and Janet Jackson to name a few.
“Now in the metaverse where creative aspects are limitless, I consider bringing both physical and metaphysical aspects together in a female, nonchalant undertone, with the results of this ‘urban cool’ abaya collection, to bring my creativity to a higher level. I consider it an honour to project my creative vision on such a historical garment and to bring this vision into the digital world”.Ilja Visser
- The collection of Ilja Visser, called Sculptural Comfort features 50 unique abaya NFTs. Not one Abaya is the same. Each piece is personally designed by Ilja Visser. Every NFT includes 3 items; the sketch of the abaya, the abaya NFT itself and a personally developed image where the buyer is wearing the NFT (a digital wearable). 5 of the 50 abaya NFTs will have an animated version of the abaya, these are the 5 rarest of the collection. The drop will go live on the 8th of March 2022 during the launch event at Dubai Global Connect. Visitors of the event can exclusively mint the abaya NFT for a timeslot of 2 hours including the whitelist holders (maximum of 5). After this the public sale will start. The mint price is 1.45 ETH, excluding gas fees. The abaya that you have minted, will be revealed after 24 hours.
- In phase two they are launching the rarest items that Ilja Visser designed for famous stars around the world, 5 NFT’s, 1 piece per NFT. It could be the dress that Lady Gaga wears or the outfit of Janet Jackson.
- Creation of digital wall rugs, 30 NFTs, 3 pieces per item. All designed by Ilja Visser.
Long-term goals of the project:
- Educating young fashion designers in the Middle East, to be mentored by Ilja Visser.
- Attending local workshops and panel talks with Ilja Visser so she can share knowledge about the fashion industry.
- Establishing a community with like-minded fashion people in the world, including exchange programs for talented designers in collaboration with Universities.
- One talented Middle-East designers will get the change to create a fashion NFT with Ilja Visser.